Cooking with Ghee
Ghee is known as clarified butter and is usually made from the milk of a buffalo or cow. Its used in Indian cooking, and is thought of as a healthy alternative for cooking other than using butter or other oils. Our favorite Ghee is Vital Ghee which we purchase on Amazon. Its on the pricier side for quality but the flavor is so delicious, I’ll sometimes just spread this on a cracker.
* all natural
* nutritional powerhouse
* helps with digestion
* better for liver
How to use Ghee Daily:
*snacks & appetizers
*instead of butter
A meal that balances all 3 doshas, effectively removes toxins, helps weight management, high protein source, high fiber, high vitamin C, high vitamin B, smooths your digestion, prevent diabetes, protects your body from attacks or effects triggered by exposure to free radicals (i.e. . anti-aging).
• Banyan Botanicals Kithari Spice mix (97% organic Ayurvedic Spice Mix
packet) you can find these online.
• Ghee of your choice, basmati rice, mung dal and veggies of choice.
• Warm up Ghee and spice.
• Add water, veggies, rice, and mung dal.
• Cook until tender on medium to low heat for 30-45 minutes
Liver Detox Recipe
Per Ayurveda you can only use this soup twice a week. The recipe is courtesy of Divya Atler’s book: “What to Eat for How You Feel”. I Highly recommend this book for Ayurvedic cooking:
• 8 Two-inch pieces of Drumsticks, 3 peeled taro root, ½ TSP Ghee, ½ TSP each turmeric and cumin, coriander, and fennel.
***not chicken drumsticks (drumstick tree) is a type of vegetable
• Put all ingredients in the pot. Cover with 4 cups of water, simmer for ½ hour. Strain and drink the broth.
• This recipe is very powerful and can only be used twice a week.
Ama Burning Tea Recipe
To burn out Ama out of the body. Courtesy of Dr Anjali Grover, M.D and M. Teitelbaum:
• 1 Quart of boiled water add: 2 green cardamom pods, 2 thin slices ginger root, 2 black peppercorns, 1 whole allspice berry, 1 clove and ½ inch piece of cinnamon stick. Cover. Drink trough out the day.
• Assist with removal of AMA VISHA.
• In one quart of boiled water add ½ TSP whole coriander seeds. ½ TSP Slippery Elm, 1/4th DGL Powder. Cover. Drink through out the day.